Wednesday 15 December 2010

2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster

The Z Roadster is being driven mostly around town and through twisting canyons instead of on really long trips-as it should be for a car like this. There are gripes about a lack of refinement under the hood and in the cabin, but most agree the 370's personality and performance more than make up for its shortcomings.
But a debate is raging about whether the SynchroRev match system, offered with the manual transmission, is awesome or annoying. Some comments from the staff: "SynchroRev match is great. There's no reason to drive this car with that disabled. I could never rev-match as perfectly as the computer no matter how hard I try, so why bother?" writes associate Web editor Kirill Ougarov. Adds assistant Web producer Carlos Lago, "I love SynchroRev match. It could very well be the best part of this car. Some say it isn't needed, but I guarantee their drive home is jerkier with it off. The system is quicker and more precise than any foot."
Associate Web editor Rory Jurnecka disagrees, saying, "Yes, most of us can't play the guitar as well as Eric Clapton, cook as well as Gordon Ramsay, or heel-and-toe like Lewis Hamilton, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't stop trying or that there's no value in performing a task to the best of our ability, rather than the best of what's possible.
"I'd still rather pick up my own Telecaster than listen to a CD, even if dogs howl and neighbors call the cops. I agree SynchroRev match works very well. It's a neat feature not only for its innovation (first of its kind for a conventional stickshift, I believe) but also for its functionality among track novices focusing on their line rather than their rev-matching. That said, it's the first thing I turn off when I get into the car."
It's the same story for senior editor Jonny Lieberman, who notes that "the auto throttle blipper is the first thing I turn off whenever I get into a Z with the stick and sport pack. I can do that myself -- and I enjoy it, thank you very much."
source



No comments:

Post a Comment